If you are one of the millions of Americans whose home has lost value in recent years, despair not. Whether you’re trying to spiff up your Tampa FL real estate for resale, to raise its appraisal, or just to keep current with updating and maintaining what you currently have, there are many relatively easy and budget-worthy steps you can take. Some of these minor projects designed to increase value are quick fixes while others may require a weekend’s worth of work, but all will certainly revive the look of your property.
- Keep shrubs and trees neatly pruned. Plant new trees for energy savings and aesthetic value.
- Add low-voltage lighting for pathways
- Pay attention to the front door of your Tampa FL real estate. Does it need new weather stripping? A fresh coat of paint? Updated (or at least polished) hardware—knockers, knobs, hinges, and light fixtures?
- Spend $10 to test your lawn for needed nutrients.
- Attend to the garage door. Use a mixture of one part bleach to three parts water and a soft-bristled brush to give it a thorough cleaning. Still dirty or stained? Rent a power washer for about $60.
- Check for faded or peeling paint. Sand and apply a fresh coat.
- If you can’t replace the water heater in your Tampa FL real estate with a tankless model, wrap the one you have in fireproof insulation.
- Install modern light switches and outlets throughout your home. Add dimmer switches.
- Insulate windows. (Easy-to-follow instructions.)
- In bathrooms replace dated towel racks, light fixtures, sinks, toilet seats, and hardware. Purchase a low flow toilet. Re-grout where needed. Display matching towels. If the floor is in poor shape, consider putting easy-to-install vinyl tiles right over the old one.
- Add crown moldings, wood trim, and/or cornices to give room a look of quality.
- Update your kitchen inexpensively by replacing fixtures, faucets, and hardware. Consider pendant lighting. Refinish cabinets rather than replacing them.
- Clean and organize all closets.
When buying or selling property in today's real estate market, it's important to have confidence in your Tampa FL real estate professional! In order to be the best, I have earned the CRS (Certified Residential Specialist) and ABR (Accredited Buyer's Representative) designations. I have also been awarded a National Award of Excellency by Realtor.com. This demonstrates my desire to stay on the cutting edge of the Tampa Bay real estate market. My commitment as your Tampa area REALTOR® is to provide you with the customized real estate service you need!
~I AM A SHORT SALE & FORECLOSURE SPECIALIST~
As an informed buyer or seller, you'll make the best decisions for the most important purchase or sale in your lifetime! That's why my goal is to KEEP YOU INFORMED on trends in the Tampa FL real estate market using the latest sales statistics in Tampa. With prices and interest rates at historic lows, now is the right time to buy real estate in the Tampa market!
Let me know what you need and I will email you a list of properties INCLUDING BANK-OWNED, SHORT SALE & HUD PROPERTIES that suits your location and fits your budget. Please call, 813,728-3880, or email me at any time.